About Us :
The total recorded forest area of the state is 23,605 km² which is 29.61% of the geographical area of the state. Of the total recorded forest area, Reserved Forests constitute 18.58%, Protected Forests 81.28%, and Unclassed Forests 0.14%. The total forest and tree cover put together, it constitutes about 32.48% of the geographical area of the state against the national average of 23.81%.
Jharkhand Forest Department is one of the important administrative departments of the State with its Headquarters at Ranchi. The department is entrusted with all matters pertaining to forests and forestry; including protecting and conserving forest & wildlife resources of the state through scientific forest management practices within the ambit of policies, acts and rules in vogue.
The main objectives of Jharkhand Forest Department include:
· To sustainably conserve and manage biodiversity-rich ecosystems
· Protection, conservation and scientific management of forest
· To meet the livelihood needs of rural population and forest dependent communities
· To achieve the goal of 33% of state's geographical area under forest and tree cover.
· To carry out research in forestry to improve the management of forest
· To carry out afforestation and reforestation in non-forest land
· To carry out studies on forests & trees with special focus on climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies.
· To generate public awareness about importance of forests & forestry.
· To impart knowledge and skill to the forest personnel
Our Courses :