About Us :
Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation
In Jharkhand entire population does not have access to safe drinking water & sanitation. Rural sanitation coverage is very low. About 30% of habitations have partial facility with drinking water. All habitations do not have safe drinking water as source contains Fluoride, Arsenic & Iron.
The programs such as Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme (ARWSP), Swajaldhara and Total Sanitation Campaign were launched in serving the rural population with water and sanitation related services all across the State.
Few Achievement of the department is as follows:
• Reorganization of Ranchi Urban Water Supply scheme was completed and commissioned
• Improvement of Dhanbad Water Supply scheme completed and commissioned
• Water Supply to Medininagar Urban Area started Phase-1 started
• 4400 nos. of NC and 2799 nos. of PC covered
• 270 Nos. of Fluoride/Arsenic Removal Attachments installed in water quality problem areas.
• 108 Rural Pipe Water Supply schemes constructed/upgraded.
To Improve the quality of life through improved use of safe drinking water; thereby reducing incidences of water borne diseases and enhancement of productivity of people.
“Every household must always be clean, Every household must use safe water.”
Our Courses :